This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Will Los Angeles ever become a pedestrian's dream? A symposium was held yesterday to address the issue, here's what happened.
- Big oops. A bank accidentally sold the wrong loan to the city of Agoura Hills.
- A Metrolink train hit a car in Burbank today. Luckily, it was unoccupied and no injuries were reported.
- Downtown residents can now get a photo I.D. that will get them discounts around the neighborhood.
- In downtown Long Beach, new parking rates and the end of validation has business owners seeing fewer customers -- one owner said he's seen a 30% decrease drop.
- Arizona's newest Governor approved law bans ethnic studies in public schools.
- May 18th will be John Fogerty Day in Los Angeles if Councilman Tom LaBonge gets his way.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.