LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Another example of an LADOT employee abusing their privileges: Here's video of someone parking illegally in their official vehicle to go shopping.
- Learn how the Mormon Church got mobilized for a cause in California. Nope, it's not to oppose same-sex marriage.
- 2 young men were wounded in a car-to-car shooting in El Monte in the early morning hours.
- How is LA's Chinatown working to draw more visitors after dark?
- If you're in the OC and dining at Chipotle, you might be at one of the 8 locations in the county that sell margaritas. Olé!
- Getting the homeless off the streets in Venice yesterday: Was it a "sweep" or "outreach"?
- Need a reason to celebrate today? It's International Migratory Bird Day! Wheee!