This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- I love you, Mom! LA's Best Restaurants For Mother's Day.
- Not DWP, DMV: Four workers were busted for illegally issuing vehicle titles and drivers licenses.
- Lede of the day: "Two men are in a Riverside County jail for the Cinco de Mayo theft of 200 pounds of avocados."
- A bill that would add homeless people to a hate-crime protection list is making its way through the state legislature.
- That swim center in Calabasas? Probably not going happen.
- The Centers for Disease Control says transportation reform is health reform.
- Meg or Steve? As the June 8th primary approaches, the fight for the Republican name on the November ballot could be anyone's guess at this point.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.