This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Black eyes, broken ribs, head wounds and other injuries of inmates at Men's Central Jail in downtown L.A. has the ACLU up in arms.
- For Cinco de Mayo, Governor Scwharzenegger uses Twitpic. But does it top his happy breakfast twitpic from last year?
- Headturning Headline: "Learn how to survive a Friday night in Koreatown with ‘Ktown Cowboys’"
- In Malibu, living beachfront or across the PCH could mean a 122% difference in real estate value.
- Assembly Speaker Perez to Congress: Give California lots of money! Thanks!
- Former Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez' son today took a plea deal in a murder case.
- It's not just city libraries, it's public school ones, too, that are feeling the budget crunch.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.