LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Black eyes, broken ribs, head wounds and other injuries of inmates at Men's Central Jail in downtown L.A. has the ACLU up in arms.
- For Cinco de Mayo, Governor Scwharzenegger uses Twitpic. But does it top his happy breakfast twitpic from last year?
- Headturning Headline: "Learn how to survive a Friday night in Koreatown with ‘Ktown Cowboys’"
- In Malibu, living beachfront or across the PCH could mean a 122% difference in real estate value.
- Assembly Speaker Perez to Congress: Give California lots of money! Thanks!
- Former Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez' son today took a plea deal in a murder case.
- It's not just city libraries, it's public school ones, too, that are feeling the budget crunch.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.