LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A woman died after she fell off a cliff in San Pedro today near Point Fermin Lighthouse. Witnesses say she leaped off.
- Rank and file LAPD officers are still in need of training when it comes to bicycle vs. vehicle hit and runs.
- The San Gabriel Valley's first openly gay mayor presides over the city of Sierra Madre.
- Karma alert: as California Poppy season comes to a close, fans remind people not to stomp on them.
- Secret or not? The Malibu Fish Market.
- The plaza of a two-level underground parking garage was officially named after a Little Tokyo pastor on Friday.
- What rights do tenants have in regards to medical marijuana?
- Worried about identify theft? Then here's what not to post on Facebook.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.