This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A woman died after she fell off a cliff in San Pedro today near Point Fermin Lighthouse. Witnesses say she leaped off.
- Rank and file LAPD officers are still in need of training when it comes to bicycle vs. vehicle hit and runs.
- The San Gabriel Valley's first openly gay mayor presides over the city of Sierra Madre.
- Karma alert: as California Poppy season comes to a close, fans remind people not to stomp on them.
- Secret or not? The Malibu Fish Market.
- The plaza of a two-level underground parking garage was officially named after a Little Tokyo pastor on Friday.
- What rights do tenants have in regards to medical marijuana?
- Worried about identify theft? Then here's what not to post on Facebook.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.