LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Roman Polanski finally speaks out about the extradition the US is seeking for the director on a 3-decades-old rape sentencing.
- Backpedal much? Mayor Villaraigosa is now considering rescinding his plan to support certain cherry-picked arts groups through grant monies taken away from other groups.
- The LAFD have posted photos from yesterday's flood channel rescue of a 60-year-old woman.
- GOP Governor hopefuls Meg Whitman and Steve Poizner faced each other in a debate tonight. How did it go? An email from Poizner's camp is titled "Steve Poizner Wins Debate." Well, alrighty then.
- The City of Beverly Hills has officially renamed the 300 block of North Clark Drive Herzl Way in honor of the father of Zionism.
- Read the tale of a San Clemente woman who will be granted her dying wish to have her ashes scattered alongside those of her beloved dog.
- Arraignment is scheduled for tomorrow for the suspect in the bizarre love triangle case of a Hollywood woman murdered 2 years after the murder of her husband and daughter.
- Congratulations to the 13,000 participants in today's OC Marathon.