This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Roman Polanski finally speaks out about the extradition the US is seeking for the director on a 3-decades-old rape sentencing.
- Backpedal much? Mayor Villaraigosa is now considering rescinding his plan to support certain cherry-picked arts groups through grant monies taken away from other groups.
- The LAFD have posted photos from yesterday's flood channel rescue of a 60-year-old woman.
- GOP Governor hopefuls Meg Whitman and Steve Poizner faced each other in a debate tonight. How did it go? An email from Poizner's camp is titled "Steve Poizner Wins Debate." Well, alrighty then.
- The City of Beverly Hills has officially renamed the 300 block of North Clark Drive Herzl Way in honor of the father of Zionism.
- Read the tale of a San Clemente woman who will be granted her dying wish to have her ashes scattered alongside those of her beloved dog.
- Arraignment is scheduled for tomorrow for the suspect in the bizarre love triangle case of a Hollywood woman murdered 2 years after the murder of her husband and daughter.
- Congratulations to the 13,000 participants in today's OC Marathon.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.