LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- For the first time since Poison rocker Bret Michaels was admitted to a Phoenix hospital his doctors are speaking about his chances of recovery from a brain hemorrhage.
- A pedestrian struck last night in a North Hollywood non-contact hit-and-run is recovering, while police search for the driver of the car that didn't hit him--but caused the accident.
- One Riverside County teen released pepper spray inside the school bus that was carrying him and his classmates home after classes on Friday. The driver was able to pull over safely, but he and others on board were having trouble breathing.
- Firefighters used ropes and a stretcher to hoist a 60-year-old woman out of a flood channel in Chatsworth today.
- The folks at Yo! Venice have information about an LAPD vehicle that they say ran over a participant at a recent area drum circle.
- If you didn't mail in your Census form, today's the day the Census-takers began knocking on doors to get your info.
- CBS has released some information about what ousted NBC talk show host Conan O'Brien has to say in his first TV interview since the Tonight Show debacle. He appears tomorrow night on 60 Minutes.