Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Bad News Burbank: Citing the economy, Southwest Airlines said they're pulling 12% of flights--that's 82 flights a week--from Burbank Airport starting in August.
- Are California's aging bridges "seismic timebombs?"
- The guy who tried to smuggle 14 songbirds attached to his legs on a flight to LAX could face up to 20 years.
- Bret at Yo! Venice noticed an uptick in boozing (and cops giving out tickets) at the beach this weekend.
- Why were firefighters standing in the middle of busy Echo Park streets today? Here's why.
- Apparently, Los Angeles has a Donut Summit or festival of sorts and it's 47 days from today.
- Drunk driving charges have been filed against Miguel Santana, who is L.A.'s top budget official.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.