LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Bad News Burbank: Citing the economy, Southwest Airlines said they're pulling 12% of flights--that's 82 flights a week--from Burbank Airport starting in August.
- Are California's aging bridges "seismic timebombs?"
- The guy who tried to smuggle 14 songbirds attached to his legs on a flight to LAX could face up to 20 years.
- Bret at Yo! Venice noticed an uptick in boozing (and cops giving out tickets) at the beach this weekend.
- Why were firefighters standing in the middle of busy Echo Park streets today? Here's why.
- Apparently, Los Angeles has a Donut Summit or festival of sorts and it's 47 days from today.
- Drunk driving charges have been filed against Miguel Santana, who is L.A.'s top budget official.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.