This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Campus police are looking for the assailant who attacked a transgender student in a restroom at CSULB, slashing him repeatedly and then fleeing.
- A fatal hit-and-run in Compton has left one teen girl dead, another injured. The drunk driver struck the girls as they were walking down the street after leaving a party.
- Poison singer and recent reality TV star Brett Michaels remains in critical condition as doctors work to identify the source of his brain bleeding.
- The CSUN prof who made headlines for his non-work-related web enterprise dispensing advice for sex-based tourism in Thailand has shut down his website.
- A look at the Condor nursery at Pinnacles National Monument, courtesy the LA Times.
- Project Runway's beloved fashion guru Tim Gunn was making it work this week during a visit to a Pasadena store to greet fans.
- The SCV's The Signal launches the first of a three-part series on the history of Val Verde. (Which happens to be one of our favorite pieces of local history, too!)