LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Campus police are looking for the assailant who attacked a transgender student in a restroom at CSULB, slashing him repeatedly and then fleeing.
- A fatal hit-and-run in Compton has left one teen girl dead, another injured. The drunk driver struck the girls as they were walking down the street after leaving a party.
- Poison singer and recent reality TV star Brett Michaels remains in critical condition as doctors work to identify the source of his brain bleeding.
- The CSUN prof who made headlines for his non-work-related web enterprise dispensing advice for sex-based tourism in Thailand has shut down his website.
- A look at the Condor nursery at Pinnacles National Monument, courtesy the LA Times.
- Project Runway's beloved fashion guru Tim Gunn was making it work this week during a visit to a Pasadena store to greet fans.
- The SCV's The Signal launches the first of a three-part series on the history of Val Verde. (Which happens to be one of our favorite pieces of local history, too!)