Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- 15-year-old Rachel Lester has been elected to the South Robertson Neighborhood Council for a two-year term. She's the youngest neighborhood councilmember in L.A. and beat her opponent 144 to 13 votes.
- A small patch of land got some beautification over the weekend at Silver Lake and Parkman.
- Nice close-up photo of a young-looking mountain lion in the L.A. neighborhood of Tujunga.
- Have you heard “Love Song for Jeffrey Dahmer”? Susannah Breslin at True/Slant interviews local singer-songwriter Dudley Saunders about it.
- "California gun laws prevented Pentagon gunman from buying gun."
- Thanks to bankruptcy, it has sat empty since September, but that could change after today's sale approval of downtown's tallest residential tower.
- Intelligentsia this weekend took top honors at the U.S. Barista Championship in Anaheim.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.