LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The AIDS Healthcare Foundation filed labor complaints against nine porn companies, accusing them of knowingly exposing actors to STDS.
- Hermon Dog Park in Northeast L.A. makes a magazine's #7 pick for top spots in America.
- Another bicycle hit and run incident goes to trial.
- $17,346. That's the value of the trip given to Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa for his South Africa journey last summer, according to a report detailing gifts given to elected officials.
- Millions upfront in real estate sales or billions in rent over the next few years? Selling state property could be a loser of a budget solution, opponents say.
- The ever-growing downtown had another restaurant opening, this time a sushi restaurant in South Park.
- Sexting in San Bernardino could mean big, big trouble for four teenage boys who posted images of underage girls.
- In anticipation of launching his iPhone app, Eric Garcetti talks about leveraging technology for a better city.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.