LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Fewer students have been admitted to one or more of the 9 UC campuses and over 10,000 now wait-listed for the upcoming school year.
- A German Shepard left tied to a tree for weeks is recovering in a Garden Grove animal hospital. Nicknamed "Courage," the dog tried to survive by eating dirt and rocks before he was rescued.
- Learn where co-creator Steven Levitan gets inspiration for the quirky stories portrayed on TV's sitcom hit "Modern Family."
- Bacon love + DIY skills = homemade bacon. One of the Chicks With Knives has the how-to on the KCRW Good Food Blog.
- Happy 1st Birthday to Brand X.
- A very early peek into Pasadena's forthcoming Intelligentsia.
- Ugh? Ouch? Ick? Whatever? Larry King and 7th wife file for divorce. She claims the 76-year-old cheated on her. With her younger sister.