This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Actress Dixie Carter has died.
- A 4-year-old boy who fell 30 feet head-first from an escalator was caught and saved at the last moment at the Mission Viejo Mall.
- From the Apple Pan to the 101 Freeway, this week is a big week for historical anniversaries.
- Tuesday is election day for Assembly District 43, which was vacated for now-L.A. City Councilmember Paul Krekorian.
- In Orange County politics, doing things like L.A. is not considered a good thing.
- The Press-Telegram prints its guide to surviving the Long Beach Grand Prix.
- For those who like hiking up to Henninger Flats, the flats are finally open after a five-year closure and the descendants of William Henninger were some of the first to go up.
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a Silver Membership to the Premiere Marquee Club for shows at the Greek Theatre and Gibson Ampitheatre. Winners get three shows of their choice and more perks!