LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Actress Dixie Carter has died.
- A 4-year-old boy who fell 30 feet head-first from an escalator was caught and saved at the last moment at the Mission Viejo Mall.
- From the Apple Pan to the 101 Freeway, this week is a big week for historical anniversaries.
- Tuesday is election day for Assembly District 43, which was vacated for now-L.A. City Councilmember Paul Krekorian.
- In Orange County politics, doing things like L.A. is not considered a good thing.
- The Press-Telegram prints its guide to surviving the Long Beach Grand Prix.
- For those who like hiking up to Henninger Flats, the flats are finally open after a five-year closure and the descendants of William Henninger were some of the first to go up.
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a Silver Membership to the Premiere Marquee Club for shows at the Greek Theatre and Gibson Ampitheatre. Winners get three shows of their choice and more perks!