Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- There was a 5.1 earthquake in Mexico this afternoon. It's said to be an aftershock.
- The fight between supporters and detractors of the second phase of the Expo Line between Culver City and Santa Monica has been taken to another level.
- Journalist Michael Linder asks if Villaraigosa's legacy will be as the Mayor who wrecked Los Angeles.
- Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens is retiring, KPCC publishes examples of cases where he was the key vote.
- "Timothy White, the youngest victim and last survivor of a notorious California kidnapping saga whose rescue offered hope to parents of missing children, has died," says KTLA.
- A developer in Arcadia is on day six of a hunger strike, bringing attention to the city's planning codes that won't allow him to build a dense mixed-use development near a future Gold LIne Foothill station.
- Star Trek fans who want pieces from the set should head to Las Vegas as Saturday is the day for the Star Trek: The Experience warehouse sale.
- Local art maven Bettina Korek asks if comics are dead.
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a Silver Membership to the Premiere Marquee Club for shows at the Greek Theatre and Gibson Ampitheatre. Winners get three shows of their choice and more perks!