Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The Sex Pistols' former manager Malcolm McLaren has died at age 64
- Ha! CBS Outdoor put up a menacing-looking billboard ad for "Nightmare on Elm Street" above a Silver Lake nursery school. A shocked mother contacted CBS, which promptly pulled the ad and replaced it with a public service one.
- Will high speed rail in the U.S. be built by China in America?
- Uh oh. The Wildflower Hot Sheet has been shut down after reports of people behaving badly around the flowers. The Wildflower Hotline is still up and running.
- Do you support Streetsblog LA? Their first big fundraiser is tomorrow night at the Eco Village.
- The hit-and-run trial in which well-known cyclist Roadblock was allegedly hit by the well-connected Glenn Gritzner will finally go to trial April 13th.
- Now here's a lede: "A veteran Orange County district attorney’s investigator who was fired after he refused to drop his probe into one of the district attorney’s close friends and political contributors has, for a second time, won back his job and will probably get more than $1 million in back pay."
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a Silver Membership to the Premiere Marquee Club for shows at the Greek Theatre and Gibson Ampitheatre. Winners get three shows of their choice and more perks!