LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Police in Alhambra are investigating the case of a man found bloody on a neighbor's porch, who claimed just before he died days later he had been assaulted.
- The trucker whose runaway big rig killed a man and his daughter a year ago in La Cañada will indeed face murder charges, says a state appeals court.
- The LAUSD today decided to hold off revoking out-of-district permits from current students, but will revisit the policy for the 2011-12 school year come September.
- While West Coast Choppers' Jesse James is rumored to have a cache of homemade Nazi-themed sex tapes starring himself with various women, his estranged wife Sandra Bullock asserts there is no sex tape involving her.
- Blogdowntown looks at The Alexandria, a "ghost building" that is up for sale after a 75-year vacancy.
- Intelligentsia's Pasadena digs have been revealed, and it looks like they're applying for a beer and wine permit.
- Tech-web rumor du jour: Yahoo! is planning to buy Foursquare.