This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Police in Alhambra are investigating the case of a man found bloody on a neighbor's porch, who claimed just before he died days later he had been assaulted.
- The trucker whose runaway big rig killed a man and his daughter a year ago in La Cañada will indeed face murder charges, says a state appeals court.
- The LAUSD today decided to hold off revoking out-of-district permits from current students, but will revisit the policy for the 2011-12 school year come September.
- While West Coast Choppers' Jesse James is rumored to have a cache of homemade Nazi-themed sex tapes starring himself with various women, his estranged wife Sandra Bullock asserts there is no sex tape involving her.
- Blogdowntown looks at The Alexandria, a "ghost building" that is up for sale after a 75-year vacancy.
- Intelligentsia's Pasadena digs have been revealed, and it looks like they're applying for a beer and wine permit.
- Tech-web rumor du jour: Yahoo! is planning to buy Foursquare.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.