LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A look at some do gooding here on Good Friday.
- Metro has an Independent Citizens’ Advisory and Oversight Committee? Yes, they do, and its annual meeting is Monday afternoon.
- Santa Ana winds have their "highways," too.
- Got a Harley? Event organizers are looking for riders to join a Glendale to Downtown ride to the Revolver Golden Gods Awards at Club Nokia on April 8th.
- The last auto plant in California has closed.
- City Controller Wendy Greuel will audit the LAUSD's $20 billion construction program because of conflict of interest allegations.
- Torrance might be getting a Walmart.
- "Hey. Umami Burger. You suck," says Kevin Ott at Metblogs.
- The Lotus Festival is making a comeback this year.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.