Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Police are investigating anti-Christian slurs vandals left on a Lutheran church in Tarzana.
- A study finds that 4 out of 10 babies born in Los Angeles County are the result of unplanned pregnancies.
- Residents of South Bay communities of Redondo Beach, Hawthorne, El Segundo, and Hermosa Beach can now keep track of crime via Facebook pages set up by their local police departments.
- The two Burbank officers who shot a suspect during a police chase that went from San Bernardino County to Universal City have been put on leave while authorities investigate their actions.
- An activist in Santa Clarita has filed a complaint against the city councilman who ran a "Mayor Dude" campaign last year, claiming it was a misuse of public funds.
- KTLA's Lu Parker blogs over at the HuffPo about riding with a 16-year-old driver. She explains it's her boyfriend's daughter who was learning to drive while she rode along. You know--her boyfriend.
- The flora that's part of Disneyland's Jungle Cruise is now a bona fide jungle.