Time is running out to keep LAist funded.
It's the FINAL DAY of our June Member Drive and we are behind on our goal to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Plus, your gift's impact will be twice as strong because it will be matched dollar for dollar!
- A Metro Blue Line train collided with an SUV, pushing the vehicle off the tracks this afternoon. The two occupants of the car were not seriously injured and the cause is under investigation.
- What can we learn from our neighbors to the east in Arizona about residents working to save our state parks?
- A viral video promotion for SFO might be taking a few (not so) subtle pot shots at LAX.
- A 16-year-old bicyclist remains in critical condition after being in an accident with a vehicle today in Santa Ana.
- Police in Inglewood shot and killed a man wielding an ax who confronted them last night at a grocery store.
- The Pasadena Star-News profiles a local garden club that is almost 100 years old.
- It's the "Dog Days of Spring" for the boys of summer, in a "Postcard from Spring Training" with the Dodgers.