This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A New Kid's newest kid suffers from hearing loss. LA resident & singer Joe McIntyre talks about his son's diagnosis and more.
- UTLA and LAUSD reach a tentative agreement that will mean fewer school days for next year.
- Gusty winds knocked out power to customers in Malibu today; last night it was Van Nuys experiencing outages.
- Police are investigating the death of a woman found in an SUV in Little Armenia with a gunshot wound to the head.
- Some apartment residents in Huntington Beach were evacuated this morning when authorities and a HAZMAT squad thought they had a meth lab on their hands; it was a false alarm on the lab, but the fumes remain a mystery.
- Anything to get a picture of...Pixie Lott: A fight broke out among paparazzi at LAX yesterday as the photogs tried to get a shot of the UK singer.