This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- CNN's Anderson Cooper this weekend will air a special investigation called "Gangs of Hollenbeck" about the LAPD's eastside police division. More weekend TV listings can be found in our daily TV Junkie post.
- Metro has some oddball clipping/notching policy regarding inoperable TAP cards.
- The return of the carhop? Come Monday, Ruby’s Diner will open its first restaurant with carhop service in Anaheim.
- Clean bathrooms at public schools? Nahhhhhh.
- A 3.5 magnitude earthquake struck near the beautiful San Miguel Island in Channel Islands National Park today.
- A new restaurant that fuses Brazilian and Korean has opened in Culver City.
- An immigration march is scheduled for Saturday morning in downtown Los Angeles.
- The Los Angeles Sake Festival is Saturday night
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.