LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- CNN's Anderson Cooper this weekend will air a special investigation called "Gangs of Hollenbeck" about the LAPD's eastside police division. More weekend TV listings can be found in our daily TV Junkie post.
- Metro has some oddball clipping/notching policy regarding inoperable TAP cards.
- The return of the carhop? Come Monday, Ruby’s Diner will open its first restaurant with carhop service in Anaheim.
- Clean bathrooms at public schools? Nahhhhhh.
- A 3.5 magnitude earthquake struck near the beautiful San Miguel Island in Channel Islands National Park today.
- A new restaurant that fuses Brazilian and Korean has opened in Culver City.
- An immigration march is scheduled for Saturday morning in downtown Los Angeles.
- The Los Angeles Sake Festival is Saturday night
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.