This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Police in Torrance say they've caught the McDonald's (yuck!) bathroom (yuck!) peeping tom (yuck!).
- Green Dot, one of the largest charter management groups in the state, will be closing Animo Justice Charter High School in South L.A., one of the 16 campuses they operate in L.A.
- A firefighter undergoing swift water rescue training needed a rescue from his co-workers when he was trapped under the rushing water this afternoon in Mission Hills.
- Remember when celeb chef Paula Deen canceled her tour, including her scheduled appearance here in LA? Now the promoter is suing her for breach of contract, and they allege she uses questionable language and sexual innuendo in her videos. Butter is kinky, ya'll.
- Check out UCLA's Design for Sharing, which exposes school kids to arts activities through a powerful outreach program.
- Look out, Chicago! Beverly Hills' Sprinkles is taking their cupcakes and opening up their first Midwest shop in the Windy City.