This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- It was the second time in two days officers killed a suspect in Downey; today they shot & killed a man wielding a hatchet who was walking in traffic and would not drop his weapon.
- Authorities have identified the dead body found yesterday in the Angeles National Forest as 18-year-old Ramon Sibrian of Pacoima.
- How many of our CSU and UC campuses have buildings that are not earthquake-safe?
- Oil company Valero has already spent half a million dollars trying to suspend California's strident climate-related law AB 32.
- A dispute at a party in Westlake Village ended tragically when a man was shot and killed by a fellow party-goer with whom the victim became involved in an argument.
- Did you happen to see the zombies who were at Mile 12 of today's LA Marathon?