This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Police have confirmed thefinding of a body at mile marker 14 in Little Tujunga Canyon today; Sheriff's deputies will handle the case because it is within Angeles National Forest.
- A federal appeals court decided yesterday that the estate of Anna Nicole Smith will not get any of her late husband's fortune, bringing to end years of legal battles over money he allegedly promised her.
- 3 men opened fire on a group of people standing outside a yard in East L.A. today, striking one and killing another.
- A Saugus fifth grader managed to escape a would-be kidnapper who tried to lure her into his vehicle as she walked to school last week.
- The OC's most wanted list has gotten longer.
- The LA Times lets the cat out of the bag about a Japanese Garden in Van Nuys considered to be one of the city's best-kept secrets.
- Moviefone declares who they deem to be the 25 funniest people working in Hollywood today.