LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- One of the biggest record contracts in history has just been inked, and the music star isn't even alive.
- A former LA County Probation Camp teacher has been arrested for encouraging fights among students.
- Materials being used to repair the Chino prison where riots broke out last August include those that are flame-retardant.
- Are there too many massage parlors in Santa Clarita?
- Costa Mesa is looking at ways to make graffiti laws more strict, including for minors found guilty of the crime.
- The father of missing Mitrice Richardson, who was last seen 6 months ago when released from Sheriff's custody, has filed a claim against LA County.
- Police in Torrance are on the lookout for a peeping Tom.
- Knott's Berry Farm won't be getting new owners...yet.