LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A new taco joint is opening on West 3rd Street tonight, serving up such items like grilled tilapia fish tacos, braised beef taquitos and spicy grilled tiger prawns.
- Tax relief for homeowners and green energy companies? Gov. Schwarzenegger says no.
- Former LAPD Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell has taken over the Long Beach Police Department. (Will they finally stop using the fax machine as the only way to send press news releases?)
- Watch out, the librarians are angry. A group who supports saving the libraries will attend tomorrow's L.A. City Council meeting in large numbers and with force.
- Is the Port of Long Beach greenwashing when it comes to alternative transit options for commuters and workers?
- Joel Epstein chimes in at The Huffington Post about educating congress on mass transit so we here in L.A. can get some funding for it.
- Not in L.A., but a hilarious headline: "IRS visits Sacramento carwash in pursuit of 4 cents
- The former Orange County assistant sheriff today was sentenced to two years probation, 200 hours of community service and a $40,000 fine for tax evasion.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.