LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Two men were wounded in a shooting that took place around 8 last night on Metro Bus Number 4 on Santa Monica near Wilton. The suspect, a man likely in his 50s, fled the scene after shooting one man in the head and the other in the leg.
- A 60-year-old teacher and assistant track coach at Arleta High collapsed and died during an afternoon track meet on Friday.
- Performers' unions SAG and AFTRA agreed today by vote to work side-by-side during upcoming negotiations.
- The body of a man estimated to be about 35 years old was removed today from Ballona Creek in Del Rey.
- Authorities in Santa Ana are looking into the death of a man who jumped from the 11th floor of the local courthouse yesterday; while he had a criminal history, he had no pending cases against him.
- The Natural History Museum is lookin' for lizards!
- As part of the One Million Pillowcases Challenge, several sewers and quilters in the OC joined up to make 500 pillowcases to donate to local charitable organizations.
- And don't forget to "Spring Forward" by setting your clock ahead one hour to mark the start of Daylight Saving Time. The actual "springing" happens at 2 a.m. but we won't tell if you go to bed a little earlier and do it then.