This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Two men were wounded in a shooting that took place around 8 last night on Metro Bus Number 4 on Santa Monica near Wilton. The suspect, a man likely in his 50s, fled the scene after shooting one man in the head and the other in the leg.
- A 60-year-old teacher and assistant track coach at Arleta High collapsed and died during an afternoon track meet on Friday.
- Performers' unions SAG and AFTRA agreed today by vote to work side-by-side during upcoming negotiations.
- The body of a man estimated to be about 35 years old was removed today from Ballona Creek in Del Rey.
- Authorities in Santa Ana are looking into the death of a man who jumped from the 11th floor of the local courthouse yesterday; while he had a criminal history, he had no pending cases against him.
- The Natural History Museum is lookin' for lizards!
- As part of the One Million Pillowcases Challenge, several sewers and quilters in the OC joined up to make 500 pillowcases to donate to local charitable organizations.
- And don't forget to "Spring Forward" by setting your clock ahead one hour to mark the start of Daylight Saving Time. The actual "springing" happens at 2 a.m. but we won't tell if you go to bed a little earlier and do it then.