LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- How Conan changed one random woman's life by only following her on Twitter. "I've decided to follow someone at random," he tweeted last Friday. "She likes peanut butter and gummy dinosaurs. Sarah Killen, your life is about to change."
- The first city of Los Angeles layoff (of the thousands expected to be laid off to solve a massive budget gap) is a curator at the Point Fermin Lighthouse.
- Speaking of the budget shortfall, L.A. County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky says term limits are to blame for the financial woes. "... We have the benefit of perspective and experience and I think that has helped us navigate these waters much more successfully than others have."
- The Patina Group empire has once again expanded, this time opening Market Cafe inside the AT&T building in downtown. Looks nice!
- So what's the cheapest beachfront house in Laguna Beach? $4,795,000. Welcome to the OC (don't call it that)!
- Speaking of which: "The Orange County Transportation Authority is cutting 150,000 bus service hours. That amounts to about an 8 percent cut to try to fill a hole in the agency’s budget."
- The Downtown Art Walk is tomorrow, blogdowntown has a preview of it.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.