This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A 33-year-old Burbank school teacher turned herself in to authorities Monday for having sex with one of her 14-year-old students. Amy Beck had taught at the school for 10 years and resigned unexpectedly last Friday.
- From Chinatown to San Pedro, the National Trust for Historic Preservation today announced grants to local historic sites in L.A. County.
- Found guilty a couple weeks ago, serial killer Rodney Alcara was sentenced to death by a jury today.
- Once again, the LAPD has kept their noses to the ground and busted an illegal marijuana operation. This time in Van Nuys.
- Some changes are being made to Fiesta Broadway, the April 25th event that traditionally draws a half million people to the streets of downtown.
- A photo peek into W Hollywood Hotel & Residence's three-part recreational experience at Drai's Hollywood: The Club, the Penthouse Restaurant and Pool.
- “Corpus Christi,” the gay themed play about Chris, is coming back to an Orange County church near you!
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.