LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A 33-year-old Burbank school teacher turned herself in to authorities Monday for having sex with one of her 14-year-old students. Amy Beck had taught at the school for 10 years and resigned unexpectedly last Friday.
- From Chinatown to San Pedro, the National Trust for Historic Preservation today announced grants to local historic sites in L.A. County.
- Found guilty a couple weeks ago, serial killer Rodney Alcara was sentenced to death by a jury today.
- Once again, the LAPD has kept their noses to the ground and busted an illegal marijuana operation. This time in Van Nuys.
- Some changes are being made to Fiesta Broadway, the April 25th event that traditionally draws a half million people to the streets of downtown.
- A photo peek into W Hollywood Hotel & Residence's three-part recreational experience at Drai's Hollywood: The Club, the Penthouse Restaurant and Pool.
- “Corpus Christi,” the gay themed play about Chris, is coming back to an Orange County church near you!
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.