Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Authorities announced this morning they have ID'd the man who died Friday when he jump or fell off a cargo dock in the Port of Los Angeles; they are continuing to investigate the death of 32-year old Austin Lashay Cephas.
- The remains of several 19th century-era Chinese immigrants found during Gold Line construction were re-interred today at Evergreen Cemetery in Boyle Heights.
- President Obama signed disaster declarations for 6 California counties, including Los Angeles, for storm damages that occurred January 17-February 6.
- The LAPD responded to possible sniper fire from atop the Huntington Hotel in DTLA today, then discovered the weapons were air guns loaded with plastic pellets.
- 3 OC schools didn't do so well on their report cards, after ranking among the lowest 5% for performance in the state.
- A "billionaire couple" in town for the Oscars were reportedly robbed of millions of dollars worth of jewels from their hotel room, and the suspect could be the same person behind the theft of $22k from an Israeli basketball team's Staples Center locker room.
- Over the weekend it was reported that Sparklehorse's Mark Linkous committed suicide. Listen to an archived live in-studio session posted on KCRW's website.