This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A girl who was abducted by her mother 14 years ago has been found to be safe and okay. The mother, who took her then-7-year-old daughter during a custody dispute, was arrested yesterday in Monrovia
- Those other illegal supergraphics at Hollywood & Highland have come down, revealing more illegal ads!
- A man suspected of stalking Dr. Drew has been arrested.
- The man who fired shots at the Pentagon on Thursday, wounding two and getting killed himself, was from California and apparently obsessed with the 1991 death of an Orange County marine.
- No St. Patrick's Parade this year, but there will still be events in downtown.
- How awesome can it be? Sublime Food Lounge Debuts in Culver City
- In case you're partying tonight... "Injecting your favourite tipple with oxygen bubbles could banish the dreaded morning-after hangover, a new study has revealed."
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.