LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The woman who doused and lit an exotic dancer on fire in the Valley was sentenced to life in prison today.
- Live it up with the Complete Oscar Party Circuit Handbook
- Sheriff Lee Baca today released 200 inmates early, citing no place to put them.
- Gee, great: "Two Texas-based oil companies are supporting a campaign to suspend California's landmark anti-global warming laws."
- On the L.A. verse San Francisco tech scenes: "There is a saying about three different magnificent cities I have lived in twice. “If you are smart, you move to San Francisco. If you are ambitious, you move to LA. If you are smart and ambitious, you move to New York.”
- Before being sworn in as the top federal prosecutor in Southern California, Andre Birotte Jr. visited Skid Row.
- When people said they "had sex," it's anyone's guess what really happened, finds a scientific study.
- Save a Holywood club from being named something stupid and help rename the old White Lotus space on Cahuenga.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.