This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Let's go Dodgers... Now the lowest priced ticket at games will be $15, thanks to recent price hikes.
- Downtown's king of bars, Cedd Moses, is nearing the debut of his latest venture, Las Perlas, which will feature tequila and mezcal.
- City operated child care facilities will take a blow due to the budget crisis.
- 3D is hear to stay, it seems. The First Annual International 3D Awards are tonight.
- In his first 100 days as L.A.'s Police Chief, Charlie Beck has had to deal with the dangerous situation surrounding the budget.
- The largest neo-Nazi group is apparently holding their national annual meeting in Los Angeles, complete with a protest at City Hall on April 17.
- Watch out! Now Long Beach has a roller derby team.
- Local blogger Martin Bosworth, known on Twitter as @martinboz has passed away. A Facebook memorial page has been set up for him. R.I.P.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.