LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- An off-duty officer and a robbery suspect exchanged gunfire early this morning in Torrance.
- The Dalai Lama will make his first large-scale speaking appearance in L.A. since 2006 tomorrow at an event at Universal City's Gibson Ampitheatre.
- A peak in the Santa Monica Mountains has been re-named to honor its onetime settler in place of its former name--long-considered a racial slur.
- Taking a look back at the camellia, a flower once greatly celebrated in L.A. now shunned because of the need to save water.
- Summer job alert: Huntington Beach needs lifeguards for the 2010 season.
- File under "Really? You're calling this news?" is this AP article run by abc7 today: "Facebook status appears glitchy Saturday."