This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Like walking and exploring L.A.? Metblogs' Will Campbell is organizing a 15 mile walk along Jefferson and Adams boulevards in early March. Join him!
- A new El Cholo is slated to open in downtown's South Park neighborhood.
- Can the Gay Press Maintain Objectivity (and Should It)? asks LGBT reporter Karen Ocamb.
- Their third location: Loteria Grill in Studio City officially debuts tomorrow.
- A man was killed by Riverside Sheriff's Deputies when they responded to his home on a burglary call. He apparently became combative.
- A reality show about Valley girls? Like, totally!
- Senator Barbara Boxer has filed papers to run for her seat in the Senate.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.