This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- On the one-year anniversary of the Recovery Act, Gov. Schwarzenegger touts that California received more funding than any other state.
- An update to an earlier story about the Corvette owner who died showing a car to a prospective buyer. She was identified as 29-year-old Amy Thomas, a mother of four in Laguna Hills.
- Is former Dodgers pitcher Eric Gagne making a comeback?
- Well, this is one way to get new tenants: A downtown loft is using "alcohol, tobacco and firearms' in hopes of attracting renters to sign leases.
- After evasive maneuvers to avoid hitting another plane mid-air on a Southwest Jet last Saturday, passengers were left in the dark until the media reported on it yesterday.
- It was all but officially said until now: Assemblymember Karen Bass will run for California's 33rd Congressional Seat, currently held by Diane Watson.
- The Bay Area has airport to train problems, too: Funding to connect BART to the Oakland airport was rejected.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.