This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Four homes in an Anaheim Hills neighborhood that are at risk of sliding are set to be demolished; Caltrans bought out the owners of these and 8 other previously demolished homes.
- An Apple Valley woman allegedly stabbed her male roomie in his face with a butcher knife yesterday.
- A fire in a strip mall at Olympic and Main damaged a restaurant, but there were no injuries.
- Fan of Barbara Walters' annual Oscar interview special? She's announced this year's will be her last.
- Southwest Airlines has issued an apology to director Kevin Smith for this weekend's seat debacle on a Burbank-bound flight.
- KCRW's venerable Ruth Seymour is wrapping up her tenure as station head, and tomorrow will be on Larry Mantle's KPCC show.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.