This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The wife of an Olympian shot-putter was arrested in the case of her husband's homicide.
- Where's Kobe? The Lakers superstar did not appear as scheduled at an All-Star party that included lingerie models as part of the attraction.
- Pasadena's legendary Doo Dah Parade has named its first-ever male Queen. He'll preside over the festivities in May.
- Are authorities cashing in on DUI checkpoints? They're netting more vehicle seizures (which means revenue) than drunks, a study shows.
- Director Kevin Smith used his Twitter account to express his dismay at Southwest Airlines, who bumped him from a flight to Burbank as part of their "customer of size" policy.
- Speaking of size issues, if Monday-Thursday you're near one of the Chick-fil-A fast food eateries in the OC you can score some free grub.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.