LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The wife of an Olympian shot-putter was arrested in the case of her husband's homicide.
- Where's Kobe? The Lakers superstar did not appear as scheduled at an All-Star party that included lingerie models as part of the attraction.
- Pasadena's legendary Doo Dah Parade has named its first-ever male Queen. He'll preside over the festivities in May.
- Are authorities cashing in on DUI checkpoints? They're netting more vehicle seizures (which means revenue) than drunks, a study shows.
- Director Kevin Smith used his Twitter account to express his dismay at Southwest Airlines, who bumped him from a flight to Burbank as part of their "customer of size" policy.
- Speaking of size issues, if Monday-Thursday you're near one of the Chick-fil-A fast food eateries in the OC you can score some free grub.