This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Some Eichler homes in the Valley have been awarded preservation status.
- We talked about Chinese New Year today, but tomorrow also marks the start of Tet, the Vietnamese Lunar New Year celebration.
- A tree trimmer fell to his death this morning working in a palm tree in Pasadena.
- Soon you can own the same illusory candles used at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion attraction.
- Things that make you go "Hmmm" (or "WTF?"): Madonna will make a guest appearance on upcoming Seinfeld TV venture "The Marriage Ref."
- Today a group of 35 people spent $5k each to experience a very special "zero-gravity" flight in Van Nuys.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.