This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Now we're going to have to eat out seven days a week: "From street food to upscale dining, LA is the best place in the world to eat now," says Jonathan Gold (via LA Observed)
- The less-talked about, yet threatened Santa Clara River between Santa Clarita and Ventura just got a boost in protection from development.
- It's not just the Chinese, but the Koreans, too, who are interested in our High Speed Rail project.
- A little radioactive scare at Burbank Airport shut down a gate for an hour this afternoon, but all is good now.
- Bicycle theft in L.A. a growing trend?
- Don't forget, it's the L.A. Street Food fest tomorrow.
- Busy Weekend. There's Valentine's Day and President's Day, making it a three-day holiday weekend. But let's not forget that Chinese New Year Eve is tomorrow night!
- A laser was used last night to destroy a dummy missile over the Pacific Ocean.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.