LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Now we're going to have to eat out seven days a week: "From street food to upscale dining, LA is the best place in the world to eat now," says Jonathan Gold (via LA Observed)
- The less-talked about, yet threatened Santa Clara River between Santa Clarita and Ventura just got a boost in protection from development.
- It's not just the Chinese, but the Koreans, too, who are interested in our High Speed Rail project.
- A little radioactive scare at Burbank Airport shut down a gate for an hour this afternoon, but all is good now.
- Bicycle theft in L.A. a growing trend?
- Don't forget, it's the L.A. Street Food fest tomorrow.
- Busy Weekend. There's Valentine's Day and President's Day, making it a three-day holiday weekend. But let's not forget that Chinese New Year Eve is tomorrow night!
- A laser was used last night to destroy a dummy missile over the Pacific Ocean.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.