LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A Gold Line train and a car collided this morning in Highland Park, but thankfully no one was injured.
- A Delta baggage handler was questioned and released at LAX yesterday morning after he allegedly ran from a security screener and returning barefoot to pick up his belongings.
- The David Beckham soccer academy was quietly shut down in December, and the superstar is looking to create another program that isn't affiliated with a sole location, like the now defunct one in Carson.
- The CHP re-opened portions of the Ortega Highway this morning, following a washout yesterday due to the heavy rainstorms.
- A Long Beach man shot a female family member and then turned the gun on himself.
- Three unrelated shootings in South L.A. have left three men dead.
- Metroblogging's Tara Tiger Brown looks back on her first year of life in LA, in particular all the places where she's found great vegan eats.