This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A Gold Line train and a car collided this morning in Highland Park, but thankfully no one was injured.
- A Delta baggage handler was questioned and released at LAX yesterday morning after he allegedly ran from a security screener and returning barefoot to pick up his belongings.
- The David Beckham soccer academy was quietly shut down in December, and the superstar is looking to create another program that isn't affiliated with a sole location, like the now defunct one in Carson.
- The CHP re-opened portions of the Ortega Highway this morning, following a washout yesterday due to the heavy rainstorms.
- A Long Beach man shot a female family member and then turned the gun on himself.
- Three unrelated shootings in South L.A. have left three men dead.
- Metroblogging's Tara Tiger Brown looks back on her first year of life in LA, in particular all the places where she's found great vegan eats.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.