This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- It seems CA Assembly Speaker Karen Bass is looking to enter the race to take the place of Diane Watson as the Rep. for CA-33, who has begun to tell people she won't be running for re-election.
- How has the arts scene changed in Pasadena in recent years? Today's LA Times takes a look.
- The 38-year-old surfer who lost his life in the massive waves brought on by last month's serious rainstorms was remembered in Newport.
- Drivers of 2010 Toyota Priuses can expect to hear about a recall to fix possibly faulty brakes next week.
- Today would have been Ronald Reagan's 99th birthday, and plans are already in the works for celebrating his 100th next year.
- There's an 83-years-young woman taking part in tomorrow's Surf City half-marathon down in the OC.
- Gasp! Teen mom Jamie Lynn Spears is splitting up with her baby-daddy, Casey Aldridge.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.