LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Oh, shucks! Soon, you might not be able to carry your gun into Starbucks.
- Good news for Silver Lake: That annoying digital billboard has been turned off.
- KCRW is in its final days of their bi-annual pledge drive. Here's a video of what it looks like at the station with all those volunteers working the phones.
- Mentioned as a good spot for Super Bowl viewing in our guide, Big Wangs' third location opens in downtown just in time for the game.
- A nice collection of 1960s California minimalist art is now on display in New York City.
- Opening today is Dish Bistro & Bar in Pasadena on Union Street.
- Following yesterday's approval of the Expo Line's second phase, StreetsblogLA digs into the meeting with an analysis.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader