LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- With an involuntary manslaughter charge expected to be filed (and possibly other charges), Michael Jackson's doctor, Dr. Conrad Murray, is said to be in negotiations with prosecution to surrender himself on Friday.
- Holiday Killer: "Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has won the right to cut Lincoln's Birthday and Columbus Day from state workers' list of paid holidays."
- Some guy in a motorcycle helmet has been robbing banks since the summer of 2008 in the Long Beach and Harbor area.
- A game changer in the neighborhood aesthetic? City planners say 75-unit Echo Park apartment complex is no big deal
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has signed the medical marijuana ordinance into law. The ban on smoking around eating areas was signed last week.
- For the second time, former 1970s teen idol Leif Garrett was arrested on suspicion of carrying heroin on the subway.
- A $26.5 million Bel Air home earned the title of most expensive home sold in California in 2009.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader