This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The "frugal" CA Gov hopeful Jerry Brown has $12M in the bank in prep for his campaign. (Incidentally, Meg Whitman says she's willing to spend $100M.)
- Toyota is now ready to begin the work to fix the pedal issue on their many, many recalled models.
- The hearing in the case of the big-rig driver charged with vehicular manslaughter in last April's Angeles Crest Highway accident remains on hold while the court determines if the accused can be tried for murder.
- CSUN revealed today their Cinema and Television department was awarded with a $1M anonymous donation.
- The Thousand Oaks teen out to set a sailing record is going to have to stop in Mexico to get some batteries needed to complete her voyage.
- StreetsblogLA has some thoughts on the guerrilla sharrow lanes in Northeast L.A
- Police in the City of Orange are investigating a husband's gruesome discovery of his wife stabbed to death inside their home.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.