LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The "frugal" CA Gov hopeful Jerry Brown has $12M in the bank in prep for his campaign. (Incidentally, Meg Whitman says she's willing to spend $100M.)
- Toyota is now ready to begin the work to fix the pedal issue on their many, many recalled models.
- The hearing in the case of the big-rig driver charged with vehicular manslaughter in last April's Angeles Crest Highway accident remains on hold while the court determines if the accused can be tried for murder.
- CSUN revealed today their Cinema and Television department was awarded with a $1M anonymous donation.
- The Thousand Oaks teen out to set a sailing record is going to have to stop in Mexico to get some batteries needed to complete her voyage.
- StreetsblogLA has some thoughts on the guerrilla sharrow lanes in Northeast L.A
- Police in the City of Orange are investigating a husband's gruesome discovery of his wife stabbed to death inside their home.