This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Will traditionally Blue California turn Red thanks to changes in voter patterns, attitudes?
- A man was shot outside Hollywood's Cabana Club last night, and two officers wounded when they arrived in response to the call.
- In Carson, an alleged drunk driver struck and killed a pedestrian.
- It's nature that's bringing two rival LA high schools together.
- Northridge's beautiful Oakie House will become a community rec center thanks to grassroots efforts to preserve the historic building.
- Newspaper blog headline of the day, via the OC Register: "This monkey loves pancakes."
- We stopped in at NoHo's Hows market, which is closing down and selling off their stock at 20% off. Doesn't look like it did when Megan Mullally sang about butter alternatives there.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.