LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Will traditionally Blue California turn Red thanks to changes in voter patterns, attitudes?
- A man was shot outside Hollywood's Cabana Club last night, and two officers wounded when they arrived in response to the call.
- In Carson, an alleged drunk driver struck and killed a pedestrian.
- It's nature that's bringing two rival LA high schools together.
- Northridge's beautiful Oakie House will become a community rec center thanks to grassroots efforts to preserve the historic building.
- Newspaper blog headline of the day, via the OC Register: "This monkey loves pancakes."
- We stopped in at NoHo's Hows market, which is closing down and selling off their stock at 20% off. Doesn't look like it did when Megan Mullally sang about butter alternatives there.