LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Republican Governor-hopeful Meg Whitman is cutting her association with Santa Clarita Councilman Bob Kellar, aka the "proud racist."
- A gang member has been sentenced to death for a 2004 murder in Riverside.
- It was a water main break that caused the streets to flood in Culver City earlier today.
- The lead investigator in the case of El Monte's slain civic leader Bobby Salcedo died in Mexico after an attack earlier this month.
- One local elementary school teaches us there's a lot to be learned from gardens in education.
- File under "Things that make you go HUH?!" is the story out of Connecticut that actor Rip Torn has been charged with breaking into a bank and having a gun, all while intoxicated.
- Z0MG! It's a jumbo squid in the OC!