Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Republican Governor-hopeful Meg Whitman is cutting her association with Santa Clarita Councilman Bob Kellar, aka the "proud racist."
- A gang member has been sentenced to death for a 2004 murder in Riverside.
- It was a water main break that caused the streets to flood in Culver City earlier today.
- The lead investigator in the case of El Monte's slain civic leader Bobby Salcedo died in Mexico after an attack earlier this month.
- One local elementary school teaches us there's a lot to be learned from gardens in education.
- File under "Things that make you go HUH?!" is the story out of Connecticut that actor Rip Torn has been charged with breaking into a bank and having a gun, all while intoxicated.
- Z0MG! It's a jumbo squid in the OC!