LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Precedent setting? "A Los Angeles Superior Court judge on Friday ordered an Eagle Rock medical marijuana dispensary to stop selling weed and, in a first for a California judge, ruled that retail sales of the drug are not permitted under state law," says the LA Weekly.
- If you've never watched an episode of Huell Howser, this Sunday's episode might be the one to start with: Huell visits In-n-Out's headquarters, its "university" and kitchen.
- The now-defunct Circuit City property where Hollywood, Sunset, Hillhurst and Virgil all meet is being used by Children's Hospital for overflow parking. No word yet on what's going to happen to the building.
- Foothill residents in Durate are still trying fight off bears coming down from the hills into the neighborhoods. The latest move is to find a way to keep them out of trash cans.
- Point a laser at a police helicopter and you could end up with 40 years in prison.
- A chicken in Glendale has been on the loose since at least November and has alluded animal control officers. It continues to dodge cars near Glendale Community College (video).
- Now that the Obama Administration wants to focus on urban development, books and reviews of said books are piling up.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader