LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Gov. Schwarzenegger's pick for Lt. Governor could change off-shore drilling in Santa Barbara County.
- L.A. Councilmember Jose Huizar wants more clarity in state law regarding medical marijuana.
- In California: "The number of women who have died from complications related to their pregnancies has tripled from 1996 to 2006."
- There's a big Barney's Warehouse sale happening at the Convention Center starting tomorrow.
- Missing since November, former UCLA professor Phil Agre, whose famous as being an internet publishing pioneer, has been located, but few details are out.
- The 'Bling Ring' Crew: A 19-year-old Las Vegas woman accused of burglarizing the homes of Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and Audrina Patridge pleaded not guilty today.
- There were water main breaks in Northridge and Gardena today.
- Congrats to Celeste Fremon at WitnessLA for winning the Society of Professional Journalists award for Distinguished Work in New Media!!