LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- 34 new parks for Los Angeles? Politicians are seeking the funding.
- The school district in Riverside County that banned a dictionary because it defined "oral sex" has quickly reversed the decision.
- Fans of Henry's might be happy that a Sprouts Market is opening up in Culver City.
- And fans of drinking rum might be happy to know a bar dedicated to the spirit is opening up in Hollywood.
- Scorecard: Which City Councilmembers admit to having smoked marijuana?
- The LA Times' Homicide Blog gets a great boost: USC students will collaborate with the Times on the blog, which covers every homicide in L.A. County.
- Former LAPD Chief Bratton has hired former City Councilman Jack Weiss to run the L.A. office of Altegrity, a global security firm.
- Fun: Ed Fuentes at blogdowntown makes a pretty photo gallery of umbrellas seen last week during the storms.